The Queen Victoria Market is a historic Melbourne icon, that draws locals and tourists alike with its fresh produce, locally-made handcrafts and authentically raw atmosphere. Housing quality products since 1878, the market is the home to various Melbourne food suppliers, unique clothing and homeware items and various ‘Australiana’ souvenir stores as well as hosting multiple trader events and festivals throughout the year. Swing by the Queen Victoria Market during the week and be treated to fresh produce, fantastic coffee plus many more. Discover amazing European cheeses in the Dairy Produce Hall and take a seat at the front to soak in the Melbourne City vibe.
140 years of operation has seen the treasured market engrained in the National Heritage List, as well as extend beyond traditional operating hours to host night-time events such as The Night Market, which runs on Wednesday evenings for block periods in both summer and winter.
The Queen Victoria Market is open five days a week and tours are available, and special events such as night markets, music concerts, and other functions are often held during summer.
Facts about one of the best places to visit in Melbourne
- The Queen Victoria Market is home to over 600 small businesses.
- For those looking at a tour, there is the Ultimate Foodie Tour. During the tour guests will discover the freshest produce, discover unique ingredients and learn tips and tricks.
- The market can be rented as a historic venue space.
- The Queen Victoria Market is the largest open air market in the Southern Hemisphere.
- There are plenty of roving City Ambassadors who can help you if you get lost.
- The Queen Victoria Market is closed on Monday, Wednesdays and some public holidays.
- It is proudly a plastic bag and straw free market.
- QVM is a 7 minute walk from Melbourne Central and Flagstaff Train Stations.
- Can’t get to the market in time? They now deliver straight to your door from the YourGrocer website.