Six kms from the city centre, St Kilda is one of Melbourne’s liveliest areas. Prime seaside views of Port Phillip Bay have earned the area a reputation as the city’s seaside playground. There is an impressive array of bars, restaurants and cafes line the sandy beach front. The palm lined boardwalk, botanical gardens and picturesque views make it a stunning location in every season and whether day or night for all travelers.
Must do activities in St Kilda
- Looking to visit a unique amusement park? Luna Park is the place for you. It has rides, delicious food and holiday events. It is perfect for people of all ages.
- Visit the St Kilda Sea Baths. Established in the 19th century they feature Australia’s only sea water pool heated to a comfortable temperature.
- Shop til you drop at the Esplanade Markets, which is located between Fitzroy Street and Acland Street. Browse through more than 250 open-air stalls
- The St Kilda beach is Melbourne’s most popular slice of sand. Stretching approximately 700 meters, the beach attracts people of all ages for a wide variety of activities.
- Dine at one of the great restaurants from Acland Street to Fitzroy Street. Iconic restaurants Donovans and Republica are all in this great stretch of land.
- See a performance at the Palais Theatre. Built in 1927, this iconic theatre is known as the prime example of Art Deco architecture.
- Take a stroll down the St Kilda Pier. Dating back to 1853, the pier is a landmark of Melbourne where you can go for a walk, see the penguins, or even go fishing. At the end of the pier is the Victorian Heritage Registered St Kilda Pavilion.
- Walk through the St Kilda Botanical Gardens. The gardens include more than 810 mature trees as well as the Alister Clarke Rose Garden and a Sub-Tropical Rain-forest conservatory.
- Fawn over the penguins at the St Kilda pier. The penguins are present all year round and come from the sea after sunset.