When you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be ready to welcome you with our IHG Clean Promise
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for you – our hotel guests – by redefining cleanliness and supporting wellbeing throughout your stay with our IHG Clean Promise.
We are expanding our commitment to cleanliness by:
- Using new science-led protocols and service measures.
- Partnering with industry leading experts Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey.
- Launching our global IHG Clean Promise
IHG Way of Clean
We have a long-standing commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures and launched our IHG Way of Clean program in 2015 – developed in partnership with Ecolab and Diversey – both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services. This program is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices – many of which are already in place – to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
IHG Way of Clean already includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and going forward, guests can expect to see evolved procedures in every area of the hotel, which may include:
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front desk screens, sanitizer stations and sanitized key-cards.
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing, ‘last cleaned’ charts, best practices for fitness centers and lounges
- Guest Room: Visible verification of sanitized items (e.g. glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items and new laundry protocols.
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets and room-service.
Supporting the Well-being of Guests and Colleagues
Enabling the personal wellbeing of guests and colleagues is key. IHG is working closely with a team of medical experts at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic to develop guidance and resources for hotel teams on returning to work and keeping guests safe in this new environment, which may include:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points throughout hotels