The Victorian Travel Voucher Scheme opens for registrations on the 23rd of March at 2pm. The scheme has been designed to assist tourism operators in Victorian regional areas and metropolitan Melbourne in their recovery after a tough two years.
The scheme encourages Victorian residents to travel within Victoria, stay overnight and to take part in the many great experiences.
What does the Victorian Travel Voucher Scheme involve?
The aim of the scheme is to provide support to tourism businesses and the Victorian economy. This is done through a $200 travel voucher that can be used to reimburse the cost of eligible tourism activities incurred during the eligible travel period between 8 April and 27 May 2022.
What is the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible to receive a Victorian Travel Voucher you must meet the following criteria.
- You must be a Victorian resident; and at least 18 years of age.
Your visit must:
- be overnight in paid accommodation in Victoria for a minimum of two nights; and
- take place within the Eligible Travel Period
To claim a $200 reimbursement you must:
- demonstrate expenditure of at least $400 across one or more of the following categories
- paid accommodation: for example at Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport as a stop in your journey.
- paid tours and experiences: which means tour operators that offer regularly organised tours with a leisure-tourism focus, organised by experienced guides. This could include an experience at URBNSURF or a tour at local winery Arundel Farm Estate.
- ensure Eligible Expenses relate to a trip undertaken during an Eligible Travel Period.
For more information about the program visit the Visit Victoria website.
Can I use my voucher at Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport?
Of course! As long as you stay a minimum of two nights and enjoy the beautiful sights of our hotel. Discover our promotions and packages to discover what works best for you.